Thursday, April 5, 2012

Awkward first moments...

Let me say this right off the bat: I am totally going to see this movie. I will, most likely, go see it opening weekend, and completely geek out over it, and I will totally find Mark Ruffalo the hottest one.

That being said...

Avengers! Why did you start your trailer off with a freaking September 11th montage?!

What? You guys didn't see that? You're saying I over reacted? Wait, let me show you this:


Now, look at this trailer:



People running down an avenue in New York City while buildings fall behind them and huge clouds of dust raise up? I mean, read that sentence and tell me what you think of? Does it rhyme with Fine E-Melon (really, that was the best I could come up with)?
I'm not saying that an homage to 9/11 is a bad thing., not yet at least, because I haven't seen the movie. I am saying that I wish they didn't start the trailer off with such a strong image. I saw that scene and the rest of the trailer was kind of tainted, I couldn't help but flash back to that day. I don't want to go to a super hero blockbuster to think of one of the most tragic events in America's history, I want to go there and swoon over Bruce Banner and his tortured soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment