Wednesday, May 20, 2009

looooockjaaaaaw!


Cover for the 4th comic. Awesome idea of a tattoo? Yes/No?

Did you get a copy of L&PA (Lockjaw and the Pet Avengers, natch)? Because I almost didn't. Lesson learned. When you want to buy a comic staring a superhuman sized bulldog, make sure you pick that up ASAP. When my local shop didn't have it, I had to call up two other stores before finding it. Apparently, everyone loves a cape wearing frog?
Seriously though, this comic was great. And no, I am not just saying that because Lockjaw was covered in drool in every panel. I am saying that because it made me want to pick up the next issue not just for the "cute dog" aspect, but because it has great art, clever writing, and...OK, yes a giant bulldog (and a tinier, yappier dog).

Speaking of the writing, Chris Eliopoulos is totally a nerd (in a good way! in a good way!). Comic Geek Speak did an interview with him about a month ago, and I couldn't help but smile (a big, goofy smile, too) when he told the story about how he visited Sesame Street when he was little and got freaked out over seeing Snuffleupagus hanging from the set rafters. It reminded me of the time I got to go to the floor of the New York stock exchange (I've got connections) and nobody was throwing paper around and yelling at each other and then hugging (Trading Places, anyone?). There were just a bunch of dudes, talking dude things, and then randomly shouting out numbers. It was a bummer and I was totally pissed by the lack of action. If you're not going to hug, will somebody at get dirty drunk wearing a santa costume???

Anyway, back to L&PA. If you are a silly fool and have not yet picked up a copy, they just got a new batch in today, so hustle your butt before they're sold out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment