Sunday, July 25, 2010

Scott Pilgrim made me cry

I've wiped enough tears away to write this


Let's just get one thing straight on this blog: I do not talk about my personal life, because I think personal blogs are lame. That being said, let me tell you why Scott Pilgrim made me weep into my fiancé's arms like the girly wimp that I am:
Last year, my man and I were having a crazy rough patch. There was lots of tears, fighting, and counseling. I was pretty darn sure we were splitsville. I was terribly sad, didn't want to leave the house, and basically wallowed in my own misery. I also started playing my DS a lot.
Long, awkward story short, we got through it, got engaged, and now pretty much read comics in bed, or jump around all day talking about how awesome it is to be in love and to be getting married. It is more or less a happy ending (I still haven't finished The World Ends With You, but I'm getting there).

So, why am I bringing up something uber personal? Because Bryan Lee O'Malley does an almost pitch perfect job and explaining that kind of awkward relationship. He does this in the last two pages at the end (SPOILER) where Scott and Ramona have the simplest of all conversations, "Well, we try again." Holy crap, did I cry. When you love somebody, and that person loves you, and all you two do is screw it up, the best thing you can ask for is to try again. And you take that leap.

Just completely perfect.

Yep, that's the one and only personal blog post you'll ever get, so enjoy it, bitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment