Sunday, October 30, 2011

Join me in joining them!

If you've never checked out my now defunct other blog, then you may not know I'm a knitter. Well, and crocheter. Let's just say I am a master of the needlecrafts. Anyway, because of this, there are random times (when I'm sober) that I want to use these skills for good. This is one of those times.
I am knitting for Occupy Wall Street.

Why Occupy, you ask? Well, if you're like me, you're pissed off that there's been well over a million foreclosed homes since 2008, there's still over a 9% unemployment rate, and over the past 30 years, the wealthiest saw their income grow by 275% while the average American saw their income grow by only 18%. If any of that gets your goat a little, you might also want to stand up with the Occupy crowd.

Understandably, not all of us are cut out for sleeping outside under a tarp for weeks straight, or enduring a drum circle. But don't worry! If you can't make it down to your local Occupy to help with the movements, consider what I'm doing, which is knitting! Yes, bringing this post back around to the original paragraph (finally).

I am knitting for Occupy Wall Street. Since seeing that WTF of a snow storm hit the East Coast, I've been knitting up wool hats to send to the occupiers so they don't freeze to death out in the middle of NYC. If you can knit, sew, crochet, or, heck, if you've got a handful of money to spend on those instant hand warming packets, send them along!
You can either go down to the Occupy in your city, or you can mail them to the NYC crowd.
Don't worry, I won't even make you do the Google search. Here is the address for Occupy Wall Street:

Occupy Wall Street
118a Fulton St
PO Box 205
NY NY 10038

Look, how easy is that, you don't even need to spell out New York twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment